Frequently Asked Questions
Q. “Can I come and go as I please throughout the day?”
A. Yes. Wristbands will be given so you may come and go during breaks and/or visit the artisan market and food court.
Q. “When is the event?”
A. November 11th, Saturday - Doors will open at NOON. The event begins at 1 PM and ends at 10 PM.
Q. “Where is the event?”
A. It will be held at the Civic Auditorium in La Porte, Indiana. Address: 1001 Ridge St, La Porte, IN 46350.
Q. “How should I dress?”
A. Please come comfortable. Its going to be a beautiful day of friendship, fun, worship, prayer, food and fellowship. Dress casual, settle-in, relax and enjoy the day.
Q. “Where do I park?”
A. There are parking lots located to the North and West of the building, as well as parallel parking available on the streets surrounding the Civic Auditorium.
Q. “Will there be food?”
A. Yes, do plan on coming hungry!!! Support local restaurant vendors. There will be a food court featuring multiple vendors selling food on the lower level, and additional food trucks outside.
Q.“Is this a Family Friendly event?”
A. Absolutely, children welcome. But please remember this is a Live Recording Event so we need to keep it quiet! Oh, but do sing! By all means sing!
Q. “Will I be on camera?”
A. Possibly no, possibly yes. Do be aware that your attendance grants permission to capture you on film and use your likeness.
Q. “Can I buy tickets the day of the concert?”
A. The short answer is yes. However, we highly recommend advance purchase. Please purchase tickets online at www.turnupthelights.org/tickets.
Q. “Does general admission come with assigned seating?”
A. No, there is no assigned seating for general admission. If you would like assigned seating, please purchase VIP seating on the floor.
Q. “May we save spots for our friends in general admission seating?”
A. There is no policy on saving seats, but we ask that you be courteous of others as you hold seats. There will be a moment when everyone is asked to no longer save spots. We also ask that you refrain from purposely taking anyone else’s spot should they need to get up to use the restrooms or get a hotdog. This is a day of kindness & sharing :).
Q. “May we bring in outside food and beverages?”
A. Our vendors have gone to great lengths to serve us during this event, and we want them blessed. Please plan on purchasing your meals from them at the event. There will be several options.
Q. “Will I know the songs?”
A. You may know some; you will not know others, but they will be easy to learn. We will be singing and recording many of the songs written specifically for our region and for this event. We encourage you to sing and blend in with the rest of the room.
Q. “What will be happening besides music?”
A. There will be quite an array, including an artisan market on the lower level, a silent auction, food vendors and a time of prayer.
Q. “How can I help?”
1. Buy a ticket at turnupthelights.org.
2. Invite all your friends (We have promotional items that will help. Download EPK HERE) [coming soon]
3. Go buy a Turn Up The Lights t-shirt!! Available at Up Towne Shoppes 623 State St, La Porte, IN 46350.
Q. Can I Be A Sponsor?
A. Yes! Click here for details.
Q. “What makes a live-recording different than other events?”
1. You get to be a part of an experience that will exist far beyond the day.
2. Unlike usual festivals full of noise, this festival will be full of music and singing captured on CD. Therefore, it becomes imperative that noise other than singing is eliminated. We will all be doing the same thing at the same time during the musical parts of the day.
3. The live recording is being professionally captured to be turned into a record that you will be able to purchase when done.
4. Like regular festivals, there is an artisan market and food court to be enjoyed should you need a break.